Lack of Project Sponsor Development Has a Direct Link to Poor Project Performance
Recent studies between PMI and the Boston Consulting Group have shown that effective Executive Sponsorship support is one of the top reasons for project success.
The study also shows that 1 of the 3 primary factors that can limit or inhibit sponsors’ ability to be effective is lack of professional development.
The Project Community Project Sponsor Development Program ensures Sponsors fully understand their role, key actions and behaviours required. This program is designed to give you the skills and knowledge you NEED to develop your talents as an Executive Project Sponsor so you can be the most successful and effective Sponsor you can be.
It focuses on uncovering the hidden value you already have in those key areas required for successful project sponsorship.
Of course it also includes techniques to avoid the other 2 primary factors that can limit or inhibit sponsors’ ability to be effective being overextension and ineffective communication.
On completion of the program participants will:
- Understand what it truly means to be a sponsor and leader of a project in a business
- Demonstrate the key actions and skills of a sponsor required to lead a project to successful delivery
- Have techniques to avoid overextension, one of the primary inhibitors of sponsor success
- Have the skills to work effectively with the project team, ensuring they deliver outcomes
- Be clear how to effectively communicate and engage, a key role of every sponsor
- Understand how to lead change and the change process
- Be ready to run effective steering committees that make decisions
- Understand what is involved to take a project from vision to completion
Who it’s for
If you are a savvy individual who understands the need to develop their professional skills as a Project Sponsor or Lead, or an Organisation or PMO who recognise the importance of Project Sponsors developing their skills, then read on.
This training is designed for anyone that has to sponsor a project, stream or initiative, including Sponsorship of:
- Strategic projects or programs
- Business led initiatives
- Business streams within a program
- Initiatives which have various Sponsors allocated across the organisation or teams
This development program has a unique combination of 1:1 coaching and online training leading to more significant results than training alone. The program includes:
- Online, easily accessible video training
- Instructions for self-managed activities
- Downloadable resources and readings
- One on one coaching calls with an experienced project professional and sponsor (3 x 30 minute sessions)
Note: The Online Delivery method is successful because sponsors can complete their learning, in their own time and when it suits their schedule. They do not have to be away from their busy jobs for a lengthy time.
What it is
The training is divided into two parts covering core skills and knowledge required to perform as an outstanding sponsor.
Part 1 – What it means to be a Sponsor and how to be a great Sponsor
6 Modules are delivered online covering:
- What it is to be a sponsor
- Key actions and skills of a sponsor
- Avoiding overextension
- How to work with the project
- Communication and engagement
- Leading change and the change process
- Effective steering committees
Part 2 – Project Management Fundamentals for Sponsors
5 Modules are delivered covering the basics of project management, including:
- Project Management terms and process
- Taking the project from Visioning to Success
- Risks, issues and dependencies
- Set-up, tracking and managing the project
This program is essential in understanding what it is going to take to set-up, plan and manage your project to success. Although your project team will be performing many of these tasks, you need to be aware of what is involved and where you need to be involved.
The training enables a sponsor to understand the key activities and deliverables that will be expected of them or the project.
What it is not
This is not a course to teach you how to project manage a project. It is specifically designed to develop leaders to be the best project sponsors they can be.
Ready to Register?
If you are ready to get started because you know that it takes more than sheer luck to be an exceptional Sponsor and deliver an outstanding project, then register your details today.
The online training can be accessed Immediately.
This exclusive program is currently available for $1,499. Outstanding value for a complete training and coaching package.
Multi-User and Corporate Offerings
We provide multi-user and corporate packages. Often a program will provide this development opportunity to multiple Sponsors on a program or Project and Portfolio Offices arrange for access for multiple programs and projects across the organisation.
If you would like to discuss this further please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of our participants have a preference to work with our CEO Louise Ledbrook, if you are one of those people book in now to avoid disappointment.
Note: This site will be updated with Louise’s availability status.
Availability Status: Louise is currently accepting coaching clients
So there is No Risk to you and as a Project Sponsor I know how much you like to avoid risk!